At last! Attention iron head pilots! It's time to switch to rigid frame. The whole thing can be done without much difficulty and without messing up the original frame too much. Made by hand in the USA, Ohio, from 1" x 0.125" thick steel tube, and 5/16" thick axle plates.
Fits all 1967-1978 ironhead sportsters (1967-1969: only XL and XLH). All stock installed components remain. Rear wheel, chain tensioner, axle and brake can be remounted as before. A frame mounting kit is also supplied.
For correct assembly, 2" of the rear fender struts must be cut off, otherwise the frame remains untouched.The bike's dimensions will change by 4" in length and -2" in height. This means that you will need a longer secondary chain and longer brake rods.
- fits Sportster 1967-1978
- steel, bare
Bates Heritage Solo Seats
Throttle Addiction Wassell Ribbed Fenders
Classic Springer Forks
Use these top-quality forks as stock replacement for your restauration or as a part of your chopper or bobber project-bike.
- All brackets for brake anchor, front fender and ride control are there and just like stock.
- The dimensions of our standard forks are exactly the same as for the original Springer forks (48,5 cm = 19” from center of wheel axle to lower neck bearing seat).
- W&W Springer forks for Big Twins are divided in “inline” (1936-45, rake = 0°) and “off-set” (1946-49, rake = -3°) groups and are designed to be installed on rigid frames with stock neck rake.
- Big Twin versions feature a fork stem that works with the included centering collar for 1936-up ball bearings. Moreover the stem also features two Ø1” bearing seats for the use of 1949-up tapered roller bearings without any modifications. They are not drilled for the 1948→ steering head lock.
- The forks for 45”/750 cc models have a 7/8” fork stem and fit the stock neck bearings.
- The "Builder" versions come unassembled with bare rigid and spring forks, chrome or black springs and black rockers.
Length is measured from axle center line to seat of lower steering head bearing.
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org