Modern gel or Li-Ion batteries offer a significant advantage - they are leak-proof. Those who ever experienced spilled acid in the battery tray, on the frame, on the swingarm, etc. will highly appreciate this fact. On the other hand, owners of classic bikes do like the looks of their original energy store and the corresponding cover and mounts. With a Bates BattBoy Battery Box you can have the best of both worlds, because what looks like a period 32 amp 12V accumulator on the outside can house a safe, modern battery within. Just hook it with two eyelet wires to the terminals on the bottom of the lid and you are all set. When using suitable Antigravity versions you even have storage room left for a few small spare parts, safety vest, emergency beer, etc. Ain´t this one heck of a cool solution for an old problem?
Design Patent Protection 007814637-0001
- fits FL, FLH 1965-1984 and Sportster 1967-1978 with electric-start
- ABS plastic, black
- W x H x D: 202 x 167 x 129 mm
- inner measures (WxHxD): 190 x 145 x 115 mm
Terry Battery and Starter Cables
12V Antigravity Small Case Lithium Ion Batteries
Capacity is indicated as "xAh Pb Eq" (lead equivalent), because the usable capacity of Li-Ion batteries is typically 3 times higher than an equivalent lead-acid accumulator. In other words, the value indicates which size lead acid battery would be required to deliver the same starting work.
Bates Kill Bill Battery Switches
After installation you have two options:
- use your Kill Bill Switch like an ignition switch. Half a turn out and the current is interrupted.
- use your Kill Bill Switch as protection from manipulation and theft. When you leave your bike remove the thumb screw and thus disconnect the battery from the electrical system.
Bates AGM Mini Batteries
Bates Kill Bill Battery Switch Brackets for XL 1967-1978
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 09:00-16:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: email@example.com