Authentic reproductions of the original WR gas tanks as used on the 1946-1952 production race bikes of the same name. The narrow shape and omission of the speedo assembly achieve that much sought after racy look.
These tanks do not feature provisions for the stock push-pull type fuel valves but one left side 3/8” NPT threaded insert for OEM petcocks thru 1939 or Custom fuel valves.
All gas tanks by W&W Cycles are delivered unpainted and unsealed. Before the paint job and final installation please consider the following:
- We consistently receive tight gas tanks from the manufacturers, both Custom and OEM replacements.
- Problems mostly occur during or after installation. Hence, BEFORE a pressure test and BEFORE painting - a probationary (STRESS-FREE!) installation is highly recommended. Any leverage on the tank mounts spells trouble. Better use our selection of small parts.
- To avoid corrosion always fill your tank to the max during longer downtimes or seal it on the inside.
- sheet steel
- 10 l
- required gas cap: cam-style 1936-1954 / 2 x vented
- required petcock: 3/8” NPT
TWH Flat Track WR Footpeg Bracket
TWH Racing Brake Pedal
TWH Flat Track WR Footclutch Pedals
Tankdoc Gas Tank Restoration Kits
KRM Tank Cleaner and Sealer
Cannonball WR Style Gas Tanks
To avoid an unsightly gap between engine and gas tanks our WR Style tanks are model specific and sit close to the motor which looks purpose-built instead of universal.
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 09:00-16:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org