Accurate reproductions of the fuel and oil tank combinations for V models. Made from soft soldered steel, with all stock brass bungs, brackets and fittings, just like the originals.
Gas tanks by The Cyclery for IOE models and early Flatheads from Harley-Davidson are still manufactured as they used to do it 100 years ago - most components, of which they are assembled, are soft soldered. This method worked back then and still works today, however, you cannot compare this technique with welding methods applied in the production of modern gas tanks.→
To avoid problems after finally bringing the gas tanks into service, the following points must be observed BEFORE painting and final installation:
- Conduct a probationary installation of both tank halves and make sure that they rest stress-free on the frame. See the W&W selection of spacers and shims. Test fit petcocks and fuel/oil lines, too..
- Fill all gas and oil compartments with gas. Ideally let the motorcycle sit for 2 seeks with all tanks full. Any potential leaks are reliably detected this way. If everything is in good order, remove and empty the tanks.
- After drying, at least both fuel tank compartments should be coated inside with a suitable tank interior paint, which is also available from W&W. Pores and gaps inside are filled and the long-term tightness is significantly increased. In addition, it reliably protects against corrosion.
- sheet steel
- 13.5 l
- required gas cap: screw-in 1916-1936
- required petcock: 1/8” NPT
1916-1939 Fuel Valves
OEM Style 1916-1936 Oil and Gas Tank Caps
PanAm Oil Slide
Tankdoc Gas Tank Restoration Kits
KRM Tank Cleaner and Sealer
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: email@example.com