Updated version of the classic 1950’s S&H clamps. The design differs from the originals in that they are narrower. The use of aluminum saves weight and will make them the preferred choice of sporting riders or Chopper builders. To be used with S&H risers.
- for Springer fork
- fits 1936-early 1946 Big Twin, 1940-1957 45 cui/750cc
- cast aluminum, cast finish
- width: 225 mm
Inline vs. Offset
Classic Springer Forks are produced for different frame rakes.
- In the beginning, both the main tubes and the steering stem were in the same plane. This is called "inline". The rake is 0°. Of this type were all 45” Springer forks 1936-1957 and all Big Twin forks 1936-1945.
- From 1946 onwards the Big Twins had the neck angle increased to 30°. To maintain fork inclination and ground clearance, the steering stem was tilted to the rear by 3°. We call these forks Offset -3°, they were stock on 1946-1948 Big Twins.
- When building a bike with ≥+8” extra long forks you don’t want the steering neck so high and inclined that the bike is difficult to steer. Therefore such forks are manufactured with a positive rake, i.e. the steering stem is inclined to the front by 3°. We call these forks Offset +3°.
Throttle Addiction Stelling & Hellings Risers
Faber Cycle Flanders #0-HD Handlebars
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org