Friction damper »Scissor«
Friction damper »Scissor«
An alternative to stock Springer fork ride controls are these scissor type friction dampers. They provide that distinctive racing appearance. Simply bolt to the fork with special hardware, which has to be purchased separately.
- steel, parkerized
- gross weight: 711 g
Wrecking Crew Tramp I Handlebars
Wrecking Crew Generator Block-Off Plates with Spark Plug Mounts
The Cyclery Mesinger Racer Solo Seats
Cannonball I-Beam Springer Forks
Manufactured just like the original, which means I-beams and connecting braces are drop forged on a huge 10 meter forge hammer. This is the only procedure that guarantees these components stand up to the job.
The problems with installing the OEM fork were the large fork stem and the handlebar mounting so the Cannonball fork is modified here. It features a Ø1” fork stem that works with the included centering collar for 1936-up ball bearings. Moreover the stem also features two Ø1” bearing seats for the use of Big Twin tapered roller bearings without any modifications. The leg tops accept the 36-up Springer inline handlebars. This makes installation a snap compared to the original counterpart.
Approved for 4-speed Big Twins thru 1986. Length is measured from axle center line to seat of lower steering head bearing.
Classic Springer Forks
Use these top-quality forks as stock replacement for your restauration or as a part of your chopper or bobber project-bike.
- All brackets for brake anchor, front fender and ride control are there and just like stock.
- The dimensions of our standard forks are exactly the same as for the original Springer forks (48,5 cm = 19” from center of wheel axle to lower neck bearing seat).
- W&W Springer forks for Big Twins are divided in “inline” (1936-45, rake = 0°) and “off-set” (1946-49, rake = -3°) groups and are designed to be installed on rigid frames with stock neck rake.
- Big Twin versions feature a fork stem that works with the included centering collar for 1936-up ball bearings. Moreover the stem also features two Ø1” bearing seats for the use of 1949-up tapered roller bearings without any modifications. They are not drilled for the 1948→ steering head lock.
- The forks for 45”/750 cc models have a 7/8” fork stem and fit the stock neck bearings.
- The "Builder" versions come unassembled with bare rigid and spring forks, chrome or black springs and black rockers.
Length is measured from axle center line to seat of lower steering head bearing.
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org