Original replacement footrests
The first footrests on Harley-Davidson motorcycles were footrests for the passenger. Along with the so-called "tandem" seat for mounting on the rear fender came a couple of mounting hardware and footrests. These were relatively simple sheet metal parts, but they were utilitarian and foldable so they wouldn't get in the way when the passenger seat wasn't occupied.
The next generation of footrests came with the Buddy seats that began appearing in the Factory's accessory lineup in the 1930s. This moved the passenger a good deal closer to the rider, and the new footrests were then logically mounted to the rear footboard brackets by means of an S-shaped retaining plate.
Of all the V-twins from Milwaukee, only the K-model series from 1952 (Mid Controls, sic!) wsa delivered with footpegs for the rider. These footrests had the same 1-3/4" diameter that the manuals also list as passenger footrests for the FL models from 1941 on. The slim 1" rider footpegs found in FXWGs and Softails, and Sportster models from the mid-2000s on, also began their life as passenger footpegs - in FX and Sportster models in the early 1970s. For all these versions W&W offers quality reproductions.
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org