Smart clamps for inline Springer forks which accept all common bottom-mount handlebars risers. They ask for special socket head riser bolts with smaller head diameter which enters the upper fork tubes when the clamp is installed.
- for Springer fork
- fits 1936-early 1946 Big Twin, 1940-1957 45 cui/750cc
Inline vs. Offset
Classic Springer Forks are produced for different frame rakes.
- In the beginning, both the main tubes and the steering stem were in the same plane. This is called "inline". The rake is 0°. Of this type were all 45” Springer forks 1936-1957 and all Big Twin forks 1936-1945.
- From 1946 onwards the Big Twins had the neck angle increased to 30°. To maintain fork inclination and ground clearance, the steering stem was tilted to the rear by 3°. We call these forks Offset -3°, they were stock on 1946-1948 Big Twins.
- When building a bike with ≥+8” extra long forks you don’t want the steering neck so high and inclined that the bike is difficult to steer. Therefore such forks are manufactured with a positive rake, i.e. the steering stem is inclined to the front by 3°. We call these forks Offset +3°.
Cannonball I-Beam Springer Forks
Manufactured just like the original, which means I-beams and connecting braces are drop forged on a huge 10 meter forge hammer. This is the only procedure that guarantees these components stand up to the job.
The problems with installing the OEM fork were the large fork stem and the handlebar mounting so the Cannonball fork is modified here. It features a Ø1” fork stem that works with the included centering collar for 1936-up ball bearings. Moreover the stem also features two Ø1” bearing seats for the use of Big Twin tapered roller bearings without any modifications. The leg tops accept the 36-up Springer inline handlebars. This makes installation a snap compared to the original counterpart.
Approved for 4-speed Big Twins thru 1986. Length is measured from axle center line to seat of lower steering head bearing.
Although these Custom forks are intended for 1936-1957 rigid frame Big Twins they can be mounted with later frames, too, provided you have/install matching frame head beariings. The builder has to consider rake, trail, overall chassis geometry, brake function, etc.
Classic Springer Forks
Use these top-quality forks as stock replacement for your restauration or as a part of your chopper or bobber project-bike.
- All brackets for brake anchor, front fender and ride control are there and just like stock.
- The dimensions of our standard forks are exactly the same as for the original Springer forks (48,5 cm = 19” from center of wheel axle to lower neck bearing seat).
- The "Builder" versions come unassembled with bare rigid and spring forks, chrome or black springs and black rockers.
Length is measured from axle center line to seat of lower steering head bearing.
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org