"The installation of a a CV carburetor with Custom air cleaner on a Panhead, Shovelhead or Ironhead Sportster involves two problems:
- the protruding upper carb end interferes with the commonly flat backing plates of accessory air cleaners
- omission of the stock CV air cleaner results in an unsupported carburetor
This smart kit inludes a 3 mm spacer plate, which resolves the first problem and a flange adapter with two spiral springs to connect spacer and plate and thus safely hold the carburetor in its rubber flange = resolution of the second problem.
Will fit all motors with 2-bolt Tillotson, Bendix or Keihin (butterfly) manifolds. Installation also requires a 2-bolt flange adapter and a carburetor support bracket, which both need to be purchased separately."
- for Keihin CV carburetors 1988→
- for Tillotson, Bendix and Keihin (butterfly) manifolds
- stainless steel / spring steel
- mounting hole distance: 70 mm
- Spigot Ø: 42 mm
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 08:00-17:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org