These Springer handlebars correspond to the Standard type by shape, however, they differ in that they feature straight tubing on both ends in order to accept 1974-up clamp type outside cable throttle controls.
- for Inline Springer fork
- fits Big Twin 1936-1945, 45”/750cc 1941-1957
- steel, black, powder-coated
- width: 100.5 cm
Inline vs. Offset
Classic Springer Forks are produced for different frame rakes.
- In the beginning, both the main tubes and the steering stem were in the same plane. This is called "inline". The rake is 0°. Of this type were all 45” Springer forks 1936-1957 and all Big Twin forks 1936-1945.
- From 1946 onwards the Big Twins had the neck angle increased to 30°. To maintain fork inclination and ground clearance, the steering stem was tilted to the rear by 3°. We call these forks Offset -3°, they were stock on 1946-1948 Big Twins.
- When building a bike with ≥+8” extra long forks you don’t want the steering neck so high and inclined that the bike is difficult to steer. Therefore such forks are manufactured with a positive rake, i.e. the steering stem is inclined to the front by 3°. We call these forks Offset +3°.
Hanson Roll-Up Windshields
Kustom Tech Deluxe Handlebar Controls
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 09:00-16:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org