These tanks are a bolt-on fit to Sportster models from 1957–up. They have a capacity of 4 gal. which allows longer gas stop intervals.
All gas tanks by W&W Cycles are delivered unpainted and unsealed. Before the paint job and final installation please consider the following:
- We consistently receive tight gas tanks from the manufacturers, both Custom and OEM replacements.
- Problems mostly occur during or after installation. Hence, BEFORE a pressure test and BEFORE painting - a probationary (STRESS-FREE!) installation is highly recommended. Any leverage on the tank mounts spells trouble. Better use our selection of small parts.
- To avoid corrosion always fill your tank to the max during longer downtimes or seal it on the inside.
- 15.8 l
- required gas cap: cam-style 1936-1954 / 1 x vented
- required petcock: M22 x 1
Mustang Gas TanksWhen the Bobbers became Choppers in the early Sixties one of the mandatory changes was a small gas tank. Lacking a well-stocked aftermarket for Custom parts the boys had to be creative and used what was available from other bikes. The gas tank of Mom´s old little Mustang motorbike, for example, was just perfect with the right size and a nice teardrop shape. The Mustang was a lightweight motorcycle built by Gladden Products Corporation in Glendale, California, from 1946 to 1965. This style soon became popular and it didn´t take long before the first aftermarket gas tanks appeared which had adopted the design.
Tankdoc Gas Tank Restoration Kits
KRM Tank Cleaner and Sealer
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 09:00-16:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: firstname.lastname@example.org