An ever popular way to customize rigid frame and 4-speed Big Twins is to install Sportster gas tanks. The hair in the soup, however, was that the original rear gas tank mounts had to be removed, which meant going back to your old tanks at a later date was complicated. And since good, uncut frames are getting really scarce, the Wrecking Crew felt the need for a good solution, so here it is. Tank tunnel and mounting brackets of these Sportster style gas tanks are designed to bolt right to your Big Twin frame with no drilling, cutting or welding whatsoever. All original brackets and tabs stay untouched and are used for mounting, so re-installing the stock tanks is a snap. The tank brackets hold the tank in a position so that the bottom line of the tank runs parallel to the ground, which sure looks cool.
All gas tanks by W&W Cycles are delivered unpainted and unsealed. Before the paint job and final installation please consider the following:
- We consistently receive tight gas tanks from the manufacturers, both Custom and OEM replacements.
- Problems mostly occur during or after installation. Hence, BEFORE a pressure test and BEFORE painting - a probationary (STRESS-FREE!) installation is highly recommended. Any leverage on the tank mounts spells trouble. Better use our selection of small parts.
- To avoid corrosion always fill your tank to the max during longer downtimes or seal it on the inside.
- fits 4-speed Big Twin 1936-1984
- steel, bare
- required gas cap: cam-style 1955-1982
- petcock thread: 3/8” NPT
Prism Fuel Valves
Tankdoc Gas Tank Restoration Kits
KRM Tank Cleaner and Sealer
Have any questions?
Our service team will be glad to help out: Mondays - Thursdays 09:00-16:00 CET, Fridays 08:00-16:00 CET, Phone: +49 / 931 250 61 16, eMail: email@example.com